Wild Bear's Garlic Pesto
March 31, 2017
: Serve on pasta, risotto, mashed potatoes, bruschetta
- 150 g wild garlic sprouts
- 100 g of grated parmesan cheese
- 300 ml olive oil to incorporate to the pesto
- 100 g sliced Pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- extra oil to cover in the jar
- Step 1 In a small pan, gently roast the Pine nuts. Don’t use any cooking oil.
- Step 2 Add wild bear’s garlic leaves, Pine nuts,parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and to a small food processor. Run at a high level until the garlic leaves are finely chopped and combined with the other ingredients.
- Step 3 Slowly add oil through feed tube to make a nice paste.
- Step 4 Taste and add more salt and pepper if you like or add it later when you add the pesto to a meal.
- Step 5 Add more oil if you prefer it creamy.
- Step 6 Once everything is combined, scoop the pesto into a small, clean canning jar with a lid.
- Step 7 Pour enough olive oil over the pesto in the jar to cover it. Store in your refrigerator up to a few months.
- Step 8 When you take some of the pesto out, remember to cover it back up again with olive oil as needed.
- Step 9 Instead of pine nuts, you can also take almonds.
- Step 10 Bon Appétit!